I must say, this Mommy of 3 under the age of 4 is serious stuff. This house is non-stop. Overall, Emily and Aidan have been very good siblings to their new little brother. But boy, do they test my patience sometimes. Particularly, during the evening hours before Daddy gets home from work. Getting all 4 of us up and out in the morning to Oak Hill is challenging. But I suppose, it will get easier, RIGHT? Things that are the new normal include:
– Showering MUCH later in the day, if at all.
– Drinking a LOT MORE coffee than I used to. And trying to find it…
– Not eating because you either FORGOT to, or put your meal down somewhere and lost it!
– Taking a LOT of pictures of your kids because they grow up WAY too fast and it won’t be THIS crazy forever, RIGHT?
– Forgetting to put on earrings-ANNOYING-forgetting to put on nursing pads-FAR MORE ANNOYING-especially at Oak Hill drop off amongst the dads.
– Fisherprice swing music playing in the shower AND at Stop & Shop? Hmmmm?
– 5 O’CLOCK SOMEWHERE!
DINNER-yes, we’ve mapped it out for the week. I made my list of meals from one of my favorite cook books, Bride & Groom First and Forever Cookbook. Daddy was able to go to the grocery store for me yesterday afternoon with Emily. (Boy is it nice when one of the cherubs escapes with Daddy!) Just a little bit quieter, a little less chaos! I SO appreciate having Daddy here with us on the weekends. It’s like my new FAVORITE thing of all time. Two on three is so much easier than one.
Ok, back to DINNER. Last night we had burgers on the grill. Here’s how the rest of the week’s meals will go:
Monday: Grilled Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Salsa
Thursday: Linguine with Scallops, Spinach and Bacon in Champagne Cream Sauce
Everything has been purchased ahead of time, except for the yummy seafood, which I will pick up during the week in Mansfield at the Fresh Catch.
OK, let’s backtrack and mention some seriously noteworthy stuff that’s been happening in the Stow house…
1) Aidan did his first poop on the potty on his 2nd birthday (just like his sister!), 7/13/10
2) Owen is growing like a weed and already weighed in at 11 lbs. 14 oz. at his one month check up! 94th%ile, as well as somewhere in the 90s for height and HC too! Keeping up with his King Kong stats!
3) Emily’s teacher approached me to tell me what an amazing little swimmer we have on our hands-hand stands, somersaults, swimming under water poking boys, etc! We are so PROUD of her!
4) I’ve survived 2 weeks as a SAHM. Definitely the hardest job I’ve ever encountered.
5) I FINALLY went to ZUMBA!!! What fun! I can’t even tell you how much fun it was-now I just need to buy some classes and make baby-sitting plans for my 3 babes.
6) I’m still loving this NOT PREGNANT thing and am totally enjoying this awesome summer we’re having. Sam Summers, frozen margaritas, wine…YUM!
7) This VERY moment, all 3 are fast asleep AT THE SAME TIME! Maybe I will be ok at this! And I’m still able to blog about it!
And now, for some Chevrolet news. My Traverse needed to go in for service today for some routine maintenance stuff/oil change, you know the deal. Well, did you know that MUZI CHEVROLET has a runner who will come to your house, pick up your car for you and bring you a rental? Ahhhh, thank you MUZI. They really know how to take care of their customers. So nice to not have to schlep the kids to the dealer! LOVE THAT! And look what they brought us-A Chevy teddy and lots of Chevy Camaro Cookies! WHAT FUN! The kids can match up their favorite model year with the pictures on the back of the box! Aidan is totally diggin’ his Corvette cookies! ADORABLE!!! Thank you to our dear friend, Dale, for looking out for us!