|The Cottage Chestnut Hill ~ pretty bar!|
I had the pleasure of meeting up with the Boston Parent Bloggers last night at a lovely new restaurant in town – The Cottage Chestnut Hill, located next to Bloomingdale’s at the Chestnut Hill Shopping Center.
|Thai Basil Sangria? Yes, please!|
- We had the pleasure of meeting co-owner Laura Wolfe and Culinary Director, Todd Kiley. Both are super-duper down-to-earth people who know what guests are looking for in their dining experience. Presentation was exquisite, flavors were heavenly and the wait staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy. Greeters at the front (I think I counted 4 on a Monday night!) were cheerful and attentive. No waiting around to be acknowledged. A+ in my book.
- Atmosphere and ambiance. I sort of felt like I was in Santa Monica! Such a pretty restaurant. Chic, sophisticated, elegant, classy.
- The drinks. Ummm, for some reason we got to try A LOT of cocktails! Started out with a local Pretty Things Summer Ale, out of Cambridge – YUM! Then it was the Barcelona Red Sangria. It had been a LONG time since I’ve had sangria and this one was delicious. However, it was soon followed by their Thai Basil Sangria. Now, you’re talking! The basil was just an amazing, refreshing blend added to a delicious white wine, brandy and orange vodka. Now, you’d think I’d be tanked by now, right? It was suggested that we sip these drinks, but they were just too good to pass up! And they kept coming fast and furiously! Most of us were double fisted all night long! (Remember, I said they were lovely and down-to-earth people?) Last but not least, the servers waltzed in with these beautiful, tall pink numbers – the Pomegranate Margaritas. Killer. Need I say more?
- The Fried California Avocado. Just the perfect combination of crunch and kick. To die for.
- Everything on the menu is local farm fresh!
|Sesame Ahi Tuna Nacho!
So, the night came to a close and I walked to
my car. Well, I thought it was my car. Just someone else’s Chevy Traverse. Had to snap a photo. A funny way to end the night…even funnier, I forgot my glasses. “I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can…..”