Did you know that November is Family Literacy Month?
Do you read to your child every day? We do. Emily loves to read and Aidan is at the stage where he flips through books on his own and makes up the story to go along with the pictures…an excellent technique at the age of 3! It is so important to put books in their tiny hands and enjoy stories together. I really feel that lots of exposure to books and stories will lead to a higher interest in reading as they enter school and hopefully, avid readers in the future.
Owen loves books too. Especially our board books. We have collected so many over the years, but my favorites are the ones that I received from my students at a shower thrown by the parents of the children of my third grade class when I was pregnant with Emily. Each student wrote inside the cover of the books and we are still cherishing them six years later. What a great idea, right? I love reading the notes inside and it’s a great idea for anyone throwing a baby shower for a new mom-to-be. I still can’t believe they did something that special for me. (And the books were piled high in a beautiful moses basket…)
We all love Natasha’s Wing’s best selling series, “The Night Before…” So in honor of Family Literacy Month and the upcoming holiday, I’m giving away an autographed copy of The Night Before Thanksgiving to one lucky reader! This is a really cute book to get your kids excited about Thanksgiving and it would be great to use in any classroom! Kids of all ages will enjoy hearing the rhyming verse and the family-filled fun! I know all my teacher friends love all of Natasha Wing’s books! Her website is so cute and she even does Skype calls with classrooms who purchase her books! Oh, how I wish we could get her to Foxboro!
Here’s how to enter to win the autographed copy:
- Leave a comment below telling me one thing you’re thankful for this year.
- For an extra entry, write on my Facebook wall telling me you entered this giveaway.
- For an extra entry, tweet this giveaway and leave a separate comment with your Twitter handle.
- For an extra entry, leave a separate comment for following Stowed Stuff using Google Friend Connect.
- For an extra entry, share this blog post on your own Facebook wall by using the widgets at the bottom of this post (Facebook Share button.)
Contest ends Nov. 10, 2011 at 8pm. EST
Disclosure: I was given a copy of The Night Before Thanksgiving for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own.