Poor Gorby, God rest his soul. He was one pain in the ass cat. As I prepare for baby #4, let’s take an inside look at all the things Gorbs (his real name was Gorbachev and no, I didn’t name him or pick him out, for that matter) ruined that I now need to replace before my little pumpkin gets here.
- He pissed on my Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow.
- He pissed on my flipping Medela BREAST PUMP! Nothing better than wafting cat piss as you sit and pump milk for your baby. The black vinyl bag just isn’t what it used to be.
- He pissed on our Little Einstein’s baby chair.
- He pissed on plenty of bed spreads and comforters.
Let’s not forget how bad this kitty was on a regular basis – even before kids:
- He pissed on anything and everything he could drag his little ass on.
- He puked in my father-in-law’s shoe once. It was quite hilarious since my poor FIL hadn’t realized there was puke in his shoe until it was too late. Picture it. Warm. Slippery. Mush. Cursing.
- Getting up in the middle of the night to pee or check on a kid was hit or miss too. You’d just never know what you might step in. Socks or bare feet, there was nothing worse than stepping in hot, steamy cat puke. Just ask Chris Stow.
I’m so glad he’s not here anymore to ruin anything else in this house. I’m also glad we don’t have to worry about his damn litter box while I’m pregnant and catching toxoplasmosis. We’re all well-rested without his constant meowing and we don’t miss picking up his wet, runny pukes he’d gift us with each day.
Did you ever have to deal with a special cat? What did you have to put up with? How long did you put up with the piss and the puke? Too long here, I tell ya. Too long.
We miss you, Gorby.