A couple weeks ago I had a hankering for these bad boys. I mean really, is there a better summertime treat than chocolate covered bananas? They are SO EASY to make and they don’t take long at all. It’s my kind of treat! Plus, the kids have a blast decorating! I love playing the pregnancy craving card! Here’s how to make these yummy treats:
- Peel bananas.
- Cut bananas into thirds.
- Insert sticks into bananas.
- Place bananas on cookie sheet (lined with wax paper) and freeze for at least one hour.
- Melt chocolate in microwave (Pyrex measuring cup works well).
- Dip bananas into chocolate and sprinkle with your choice of toppings.
- Return bananas to freezer to set.
Ours didn’t last too long in that freezer before we started to devour them! So cold and delicious! It’s the best way to enjoy a banana during the dog days of summer! ENJOY!