It took a 4th kid for Momma Stow to finally get a high-end stroller that I actually love.
I was so excited the day my Summer Infant Fuze Travel System arrived back in April. Here are a couple of photos of Andrew going for his first test ride in the Fuze stroller way back in the early spring before I broke my foot.
I’ll have you know I assembled the stroller all by myself, which is super easy if a girl like me can figure it out. Also, my first impression was a total WOW. I love the harness, the comfort level for baby, the huge basket and the soft fabric. When my mom got her hands on it she said, “That’s a really nice stroller, is that from the blog?” Good call, mom. It IS a really nice stroller.
The Fuze Stroller by Summer Infant is a luxury stroller without the luxury price, which retails for $299.99 (available on Amazon). It comes in three fashionable styles: blaze, jet set or mod. Blaze is a black/gray color combo, jet set is a black/red color combo, and mod is a grey/green color combo. If you opt for the Fuze Travel System, including the Prodigy car seat and base, that retails for $475.99 and is also available on Amazon. It’s an amazing price for a luxury, high-end stroller!
The Fuze Stroller comes with a universal car seat adapter that will fit a Summer Infant Prodigy, Chicco Key Fit, Graco Snugride, Peg Pereggo, or Primo Viaggio car seat.
The Fuze is super versatile for on-the-go moms. It’s a stylish set of wheels that can either be rear or front facing. When I was looking at new strollers for Andrew, that was a must. I had to have the option of having him facing me or facing out into the world. I love that about the Fuze. This stroller is also super lightweight with an air-light aluminum frame, making it super easy to fold and get in and out of your vehicle.
Fuze Stroller Features
- Universal car seat adapter
- Lightweight aluminum frame
- Forward or Rear Facing
- Compact Fold
- 3 Position Recline (and no messing around in the back for adjusting – just click the buttons on the side)
- Height adjustable handlebar (great for us tall people)
- Pedicure friendly easy tap break
- Huge storage basket
- Swing aside bumper bar (also totally removable if you don’t want to use it)
- Sweet peek window on top of canopy
- Adjustable canopy (wish is was a bit bigger)
- Cup holder (can be used on either side or completely removed)
- Holds child up to 50 lbs.
It is so easy to to switch the position of the the reversible toddler seat, with just a click of the side buttons. Also, you can adjust the 3 position recline, with simple clicks to set your baby’s seat angle – so user friendly! I also love the comfortably padded five point harness that unlocks with one click – super handy!
*Note: When folding the stroller to be as compact as possible, toddler seat must be forward facing. You can still fold the stroller when forward facing, but not flat. I’d even remove the seat from the frame to fold at times, just because everything is so lightweight anyway.
I really do love this stroller and I’m so excited that it’s something Andrew and I can use well into his toddler years. He’s obviously way comfortable in there and we’ve traveled all over the place this summer in the Fuze – even all the way to NYC! (Thanks for this awesome photo, ViolaCay!)
Ok, let’s talk about the Prodigy Infant Car Seat, which is SO easy to install into any vehicle. Car seat installation has come a long way since Emily.
Prodigy Car Seat Features
- Simple 3-step installation
- Innovative SmartScreen Technology will tell you whether or not your car seat is installed properly
- Click, Level and Tighten for a green smiley face to appear – that let’s you know baby is safe and secure
- Retails alone for $219.99 and is available on Amazon for just 183.75
- Accommodates babies from 4-35 lbs, up to 32 inches and is a great choice for preemies
- Innovative Belt Tightening System to effortlessly secure the base into the car
- Award winning car seat including highest rating for ease of use and a 5 Star Rating
Andrew has been a very happy camper in this infant car seat and is still in it as he approaches ten months. The head rest is completely removable and adjustable, which is perfect for a growing baby. We also love the soft, breathable material – he sleeps a lot back there!
Overall, I’d highly recommend this entire travel system. The Fuze Travel System is budget friendly (you can get the whole travel system on Amazon right now for just $387.57) and something you’ll get lots of use out of, especially if you know you’ll be having more than one baby! Then you can pass it on down to a relative or friend for even more great use. Although we wish the canopy on both the car seat and the stroller were a bit larger and more adjustable, we’d still recommend the Fuze Travel System. It’s trendy, easy to use, lightweight and promises superior functionality.
What travel system or stroller are you loving these days?
Disclosure: I received a Fuze Travel System to take part in this review. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.