We are in the throes of our first week back to school here and things are going okay! Minus a bee sting yesterday afternoon, things are going pretty smoothly. I love being home in the mornings because that’s my TIME. I’m a morning person for sure and I no longer feel that crazy rush to get to work. Things are good and I feel way more productive around here. Just remind me to fill out all that paperwork from the schools by September 15th. UGH! I hate all the back to school paperwork!
Thankfully, I didn’t need to run out and buy too many things for back to school. Most teachers here seem to supply the class with crayons, colored pencils, glue sticks etc., and we only need to bring them if we so desire. I love that. Plus, we’re reusing our awesome LL Bean backpacks from last year since they’re in great shape. Besides new sneakers, some new t-shirts, tissues and antibacterial wipes, we were pretty much set to go!
Now that we’re mainly a single income family, I love getting a bargain and shopping with coupons. Did you know that you can save over $40 on great Healthy Essentials® products too? I’ve been trying to carve out a little bit more time for me in the new school year – whether it be taking the time to try out a new facial scrub or just take better care of my skin during my daily regimen, I am trying.
Back to school can be stressful. I reached out to my friends on Facebook to see if they had any tips worth sharing and I loved them all so much. So here they are, in no particular order:
Back to School Tips for Re-Engergizing Your Routine:
- Jiliane says book a facial – just because we deserve it after that long, hot summer.
- Kristina says give the kids responsibility. I love this. Have them get dressed themselves and help pack and prepare their breakfasts and lunches. She is even clever enough to keep all the kid dishes and utensils down low so they can get to it all themselves! Brilliant, Kristina.
- Kristina also has tons of school lunch ideas for packing at home. You should definitely check them out.
- Caroline suggests earlier bed times (maybe even a little bit earlier than usual) to get them back into the routine of waking up on time for school and getting plenty of rest.
- My tip for back-to-school is one for mom and dad – I think we all need to go to bed earlier! We’re not used to the morning hustle and bustle and the days are long for everyone. So perhaps DVR that favorite late night show and get some extra shut-eye so you’re in a better mindset and feeling energized in the mornings too! Because when we’re happy, they’re usually happy too.
There you have it! What are your back to school tips that you swear by? Anything good working well at your house? Please tell us in the comments! Enjoy your extra savings from Healthy Essentials®!
Disclosure: This post is part of the HEALTHY ESSENTIALS® 2014 program by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. and The Motherhood, who sent me a box of products and compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are all my own, and I hope you enjoy them.