The Lord knows that when I’m cooking, it can’t be that complicated. But yet again, I do surprise myself sometimes. But when the recipe calls for 5 ingredients, I know I can do it. Pulled Pork for the win. This dinner is a win-win in so many ways.
- The kids eat it (Guffaw!)
- No mess or clean up
- Crock pot
- House smells so good all.day.long.
If I can do this, anyone can do this. I know, I know, the packets are HIGH in sodium and I could whip up some seasonings myself. However, sometimes I’m wicked lazy and opt for the seasoning packet from McCormick’s. It’s the laziest way and sure is tasty. Remember, I said EASY!
- 3 lbs boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 package of McCormick Slow Cookers BBQ Pulled Pork Seasoning
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- Place pork in slow cooker.
- Mix Seasoning Mix, ketchup, brown sugar and cider vinegar in large bowl. Pour over pork. Cover.
- Cook 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Shred the pork using two forks. Return the pork to slow cooker to mix and heat before serving.
- Serve on bulky rolls or your favorite sandwich bread. Goes great with salad or slaw. Amazing leftovers!
The pork shoulder roast comes boneless or with a bone. It's called the BUTT, but it IS in fact, the pork shoulder. If you can't find boneless, no worries - that bone will fall right off after cooking!