Last year, I got all fancy and baked up the most delicious french toast we’ve ever had. I found the recipe searching on good old Pinterest and since I wanted our Christmas morning breakfast to be something sweet and special, I decided to put my own twist on Paula Deen’s Pecan Praline Baked French Toast. Instead of using half and half, I used eggnog! YUM! Be warned, this is a decadent breakfast, filled with sweet, sugary calories! It’s to die for!
- 1 loaf French bread (13 to 16 ounces)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups of egg nog
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- ½ pound (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well. Makes enough for Baked French Toast Casserole.
- Slice French bread into 20 slices, 1-inch each. (You will have extra).
- Arrange slices in a generously buttered 9 by 13-inch flat baking dish in 2 rows, overlapping the slices. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg nog, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and beat with a rotary beater or whisk until blended but not too bubbly.
- Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all are covered evenly with the milk-egg mixture. Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Set oven to 350.
- Spread Praline Topping evenly over the bread and bake for 40 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden.
You most likely won't need any maple syrup because this french toast is sugary sweet and delicious. Feel free to add fresh berries.
No matter what you are serving up this holiday season, it’s the perfect time to unwrap some savings from HEALTHY ESSENTIALS®. You can save up to $35 on some of your favorite products by visiting HealthyEssentials.com to download coupons in December. From baking needs to your family’s favorite health and beauty products, you’ll have everything you need from HEALTHY ESSENTIALS®. Enjoy the savings! You’ll be looking your best while serving up your tasty holiday treats!
What’s your favorite holiday food to serve up to your family? Let us know in the comments and feel free to share the link to the recipe!
Don’t forget to visit the Healthy Essentials® website for savings on your favorite products during the holidays.
Disclosure: This post is part of the HEALTHY ESSENTIALS® 2014 program by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. and The Motherhood, who sent me a box of products and compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are all my own, and I hope you enjoy them.