Tieks. I fell in love with those aqua blue soles the minute I laid eyes on them. Had to have them. Someday.
Now let me start by saying I despise high heels and will very seldom be caught wearing them because they absolutely kill my feet. No matter what brand I try and how cute they might be, my poor little toes are always squished into a vice and I end up with major blisters, lots of aches and pains and the inability to walk by night’s end. I’m beginning to think that my toes are actually totally deformed because finding comfortable shoes is not easy for me. Or is just that there’s no such thing as comfortable high heels?
So when I got the chance to review some Tieks, the amazingly soft Italian leather flats that all the ladies covet, I was SUPER EXCITED. I wanted to know if they were really all that they’re cracked up to be. With a price tag ranging from $175 to $295, these shoes had better be pretty darn comfortable. I wanted to be walking on air.
I chose the wild copper ($265) because I thought they’d look absolutely stunning with my blue jeans and I could also dress them up and be fancy in them with their glitzy gold and silver sparkle. So pretty, right?
Some Important Facts About Tieks
- They do not come in half sizes.
- If you are between sizes, they advise you to order down. So for example, I am typically an 8.5, so I followed the rules and ordered down. Big mistake. Be careful when you make that decision. I think I would tell you to order UP! (My running sneakers are a 9)
- Amazing customer service. Absolutely amazing. They will go above and beyond to make sure you are happy with your purchase.
- They’re comfortable and oh so pretty, but I’m not so sure they’re worth that hefty price tag. I don’t think my closet will ever see another pair.
- The colors and styles to choose from are out of this world. I had a hard time choosing because I wanted them all.
- Super fast shipping (You’ll have them on your feet in 48 hours after placing your order!)
- They come in amazing packaging which includes a flower headband and a black carry case so you can fold up your tieks and store them easily or throw them into your purse.
- They’re super soft and have a no-skid rubber sole.
- Made from 100% full-grain leather.
- The minute I wore them out in public, the ladies started talking to me about them. “Tieks! Don’t you love them? Aren’t they awesome? I have them in red patent leather. I made my husband buy me a pair. They stretch out. Try wearing them with socks around the house. Are those the wild copper? I love your shoes!!”
When I ordered the 8s and tried them on, I was like, “uh oh.” The elastic at the back was really digging into my heel, in particular on the foot that was recently broken. But it was so bad that I was getting a blister and actually had sore feet after the first time wearing them. With a price tag of $265, I couldn’t deal. I had to make the call and find a way to fall in love with my pretty new flats.
But like I said, customer service is amazing. They sent me the 9’s right away and they were in my mailbox in less than 48 hours. The 9’s were SO much better. No more heel digging and totally great. Not too big either. Perfectly snug elastics all around my feet.
Are they the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever put on my feet? No. But do I love them? Yes. I love the glitz and the glam and the fact that they’re comfortable flats that look amazing with anything I pair them with.
You can peruse all the fancy colors and styles of tieks and maybe even ask your one true love to get you a pair for Valentine’s Day. And boys, if you’re listening, if you order your woman a pair of tieks for any special occasion, she’ll love you for it forever. She really will. They’re the most trendy flats out there and her tootsies will love you for it.
Do you own a pair of tieks? What do you think of the fit? What styles are you loving?
Instead, opt for a pair of ME TOO ballet flats – the most comfortable flats I own! I’ve never gotten a blister from them and I can wear them all day long. Size 9 feels and fits perfectly. Plus, you can order all the colors, have the style and comfort and all the money in your wallet. NOT KIDDING ABOUT THESE. They’re amazing.