What? Annie is writing a post about running? Hell ya. The sun finally came out today, it’s gorgeous outside, my wonderful baby-sitter said she wouldn’t mind staying a bit longer; so Annie went for a run.
It felt so good. So much better than the treadmill at the Y. Why did running outside feel so good today when I haven’t done it in so long? I don’t know, but it did. Maybe my dreams will come true after all? Maybe I should get around to some other things that I haven’t done in so long…
Get your mind out of the gutter people!
I’m talking about cleaning the windows and my baseboards! No, really!
Back to running: Here are my Top 5 Reasons Why Road Running is Better:
- Wind in my hair (God, that felt good!)
- I have the opportunity to pick my wedgie (just not in front of the hydroseeders.)
- Bunny rabbits, swans, chipmunks and the sound of rushing streams.
- I can control my own pace and the natural hills feel good. I’m not staring at numbers and messing with buttons. (And I’m sure to pick up the pace and have good form in front of the hydroseeders/mailman/pick up trucks – just keep away from #2 at these times!)
- It makes me want to eat salad.
Well, I only went 2.5 miles and it took me a half hour, but who the heck cares. I gotta start somewhere. If only I could keep this up. Can I keep this up? Encourage me to keep this up. The beach is calling.