Although our stay at Disney World was short, we did manage to fit the most important meals and appointments in, thanks to lots of help form The Walt Disney World Moms Panel, Laura Spencer and the folks at the Disney Store and Memory Maker Mom. Seriously, I’m not a planner. And I would NEVER EVER have known about any of the logistics of planning a trip to Disney if it hadn’t been from all the amazing tips and advice from the Moms Panel. Not quite sure how they do it, but they know EVERYTHING about ALL the Disney parks.
Our very first stop was Downtown Disney to make Emily’s princess appointment. This was a first for me. I didn’t know what to expect, and neither did Emily. So right after checking in at The Contemporary, we quickly made our way to Downtown Disney to The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Emily was dressed to the nines in Ariel’s wedding dress, courtesy of The Disney Store, where we were treated like royalty for some pre-trip fun.
As we waited for our name to be called, one of the Fairy Godmother’s gingerly walked over and took Emily’s hand and told us she had a big surprise. Emily wasn’t getting princessified in the salon. Instead, we were taken to the front window, courtesy of Cinderella, where Emily would receive her Disney Diva hair extensions and pixie dust in the store front window for all to see! Seriously? Seriously. I’ll never forget it.
And boy, did we time our events right, thanks to the Moms Panel. Our little princess sure did fit the part when we had Royal Storybook Dining later that night at Akershus in Epcot.
Booking a trip to Disney? Don’t forget to check out the Moms Panel for travel tips and advice to make sure you get the most out of your Disney experience.
Going to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? Here are some tips before you go:
- Bring your own Disney attire from home! You’ll save a fortune if you pack that Disney princess dress in your suitcase!
- Plan ahead. Make a reservation or it won’t happen! Try to book in the morning if you can! It’s tough when it’s scheduled in the middle of the day when you’re trying to fit everything else in.
- Plan to dine with the characters/princesses that very same day to make the dining experience even more magical.
- There are two locations. One is in Cinderella’s Castle and the other is at Downtown Disney.
- You won’t have to do your daughter’s hair for days if that’s your wish! That hair will be so stiff and full of glitter, plan on making the most of it and wearing that fancy ‘do for a few days!
- Be prepared to see lots of glitter and pixie dust for the remainder of your trip. Especially that pillow case! It’s a serious dousing!
Got any great Disney tips? We’d love to hear about them!