I’ve got two little boys who will soon be turning 5 and 7; I can hardly believe the sound of those numbers. How in the world did they get to be so big? And how could this school year possibly be coming to an end so soon?
The last week of June is notorious in the Stow house for a huge, outdoor birthday bash. Having two boys whose birthdays are just two weeks apart calls for one joint birthday bash that the boys love. In fact, we’ve had the SAME style birthday party for years now – which always includes a blow up waterslide, outdoor fun and games and an amazing homemade birthday cake, which their Grandma so cleverly crafts up in her kitchen to the theme of the boys’ liking. She’s made some AMAZING birthday cakes in her day for the Stow kids!
Looking to create the best birthday party ever for your little one this year? I’ve got some easy tips to make the planning go smoothly.
Easy Birthday Party Planning Tips
- Search Pinterest for theme ideas. Pinterest is amazing for planning your next birthday party. Just search “kids birthday party” or something such as “Elmo birthday party” and Pinterest will provide you with thousands of themed ideas. I would be lost without Pinterest when it comes to birthday party planning!
- Keep it simple. Spending tons of money on extravagant decorations and food, or even a venue, for little ones isn’t worth it. Save your money for a family vacation and plan something simple.
- Hit up the Dollar Tree for party favors and decorations that the kids will love. You can even get your balloons for $1 a piece!
- Make clean-up easy and use paper goods for serving your guests.
- Send an electronic invitation – we love Paperless Post and Evite!
- Pick a party favor that kids AND parents will be pleased with – no whistles! Again, keep it simple and check the dollar store. You don’t need to go hog wild.
- Be wary of those with allergies and plan ahead.
- Serve Hoodsie® Cups, by Hood. With the perfect amount of chocolate and vanilla ice cream all under one little cup, those kiddos will devour their Hoodsie cups – leaving no mess to clean up! Plus, it’s the perfect choice for those who need a peanut-free dessert. Hoodsie for the win! No wasted time scooping out ice cream!
- Think about reinstating opening presents after cake and ice cream! Remember those good old days when we’d sit as a group and ooooh and aaaah over the presents? Best part, right? What has happened to that super fun tradition? Is it that we think kids can’t handle it nowadays?
What are your birthday party planning tips and tricks to promise the best birthday ever? We’d love to hear them in the comments below!
Disclosure: I received compensation from Hood in exchange for writing this post. Although this is a sponsored post, all opinions are my own.