When we were offered to test out the latest addition to the VTech award-winning baby monitor line, I got all excited. First off, we were not even using a baby monitor in Andrew’s room because all of our older ones have been broken! And by the time you get to your fourth kid, well – who needs a baby monitor? Apparently us! We are loving this new gadget!
We are really loving our new VTech Safe&Sound DM271-110 Digital Audio Baby Monitor for so many reasons. This monitor is so much more than a baby monitor. Check out all it has to offer!
The DM271-110 baby unit doubles as a glow-on-ceiling night light that projects the moon and stars onto the ceiling, and can be easily adjusted to be just perfect on your baby’s ceiling. Plus, the DM271-110 can play a gentle lullaby to help soothe Andrew to sleep during nap time. This thing is totally awesome because the ceiling projection is big, bright, fun and changes – parts of the projection vanish and reappear, constantly changing the scene for baby and toddler – the big kids even love it and want it in their room!
- Our VTech baby monitor is equipped with 1,000 feet of wireless range, so we can stay connected as we go about our daily to-do list from anywhere in the house. This is so great for when we venture outside to the cul-de-sac after school and can keep an ear out for movement or noise in Andrew’s room. This is also awesome for use in our playroom, which is on the third floor in our house. When the kids are playing on their own, I can hear everything!
- The kids are loving the talk back intercom feature. I can talk to them while they play upstairs in the playroom and check in and they can let me know how they are doing! This feature saves me a lot of running up and down stairs and also means less hollering up to them to see if they are ok!
- Motion sensors! This is great for mobile babies, toddlers and even pets! The motion sensor alerts you about any movements that cross its path – mount low or high, depending on your needs!
- ULE (Ultra Low Energy) technology
- With the monitor’s ULE sensors, we can easily go about our day while also monitoring “off-limit” areas such as snack cabinets or the ever-dangerous under the sink cabinet, receiving notifications directly to the parent unit.
- Rechargeable battery with low-battery alert on the parent unit.
- Vibrating sound-alert on the parent unit
- Temperature sensor
- Retails for $119.95 and can be purchased on Amazon and vtechphones.com
This monitor has been a big-kid savior. I love to use it for monitoring big kid play on the third floor and easily being able to check in with them using the talk back feature. I can quickly find out what they’re doing, what they’re playing, who’s hungry, who wants a snack, and more! This monitor makes it so much easier to check on the big kids; it really gives me peace of mind. Plus, Andrew is entranced by his new projected nightlight and lullabies. The VTech Safe&Sound DM271-110 Digital Audio Baby Monitor is really perfect for the Stow house!
Be sure to check out VTech on social:
Disclosure: This blog post is brought to you by VTech and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.